Eco-Friendly Earth Day!
In honor of Earth Day, Milk Glass Productions wanted to give you some tips in order to make your next soriee eco-friendly!
1. When possible, always use online invites instead of going the traditional route and using paper ones (Paperless Post and Evite are our favs). If you must print them, try to use the front and back as well as recycled paper!
2. Bike or walk to the event if possible, otherwise, carpool. If you have a little wiggle room in the budget, try to send a shuttle/bus to save emissions from several cars going to the same place.
3. Re-purpose party decor whenever possible or combine a few different old decorations together and get creative! There are wonderful sites out there such as Ruffled Blog- Recycle Your Wedding (http://ruffledblog.com/community/recycle-your-wedding.html). Sites like this let you re-use other peoples decorations from their wedding. Another option is to pick a venue with a lot of "va-va-voom" so you don't have to worry about the decorations.
4. Food-wise, always go local. This will help with emissions from shipping the food. A lot of local caterers even offer composting!
5. Rent tablecloths, silverware, glasses and plates. Beverage-wise, you should go with a local brewery and avoid cans and bottles.
6. For flowers, it is better to use live potted flowers instead of cut ones. I have a bride in August (Hi Cory!) that is using potted flowers for gifts.
7. Clean up with eco-friendly products and definitely remember to recycle!